April 19, 2007

I'm just putting this post up...

Dartmouth

In case they decide to project images of the blogs of the bloggers who are doing a panel here at Dartmouth in an hour. You know, so mine won't say "Underpants."

About this picture, let me just say: It's pretty much exactly what Dartmouth looks like.

And since I just wrote about men's underpants and since a certain lefty blogger -- one with a name straight out of a classic French film -- thinks I can't possibly be a serious political blogger if I persist in writing about phallic symbolism in architecture, I won't comment on that little thingie between the two white buildings.

And if this is being projected at the panel discussion, I'm quite sure no one's reading the fine print.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Actually lol.

Anonymous said...

You know, so mine won't say "Underpants."

Missed opportunity.

joated said...

Enjoy the fine New Hampshire weather. If you had been a few days earlier, the weather would have been just like January usually is.

Jennifer said...

Now that is a heckuva spam. Bravo.

Wade Garrett said...

Dartmouth is gorgeous, and Hanover is a beautiful small town. Now that I've been living in the midwest for almost 3 years, I forget how much better old buildings are - its the difference between antiques and knock-offs, it just FEELS like higher quality.

When Bill Bryson moved back to the United States in the late 90's, he searched for the perfect small town and settled on Hanover. If it wasn't for the long winter, I think he'd be exactly right.

Revenant said...

I considered attending Dartmouth, and it IS a beautiful campus. But it is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees... and mountains... and trees... and mountains... and some more trees, broken up by the occasional mountain.

Some peoples' idea of heaven, I have no doubt, but I could feel myself going stir-crazy just driving TO the campus, let alone living on it for four years. :)

Wade Garrett said...

Revenant - I won't say anything bad about Dartmouth, because its beautiful and charming and my roommate went there, but I similarly felt it was a little too small to keep me happy for four years.

New Haven, on the other hand, was just right, like the third bowl or porridge. ;-)

Maxine Weiss said...

Those trees should have leaves on them by now.

Where are the apple blossoms?

Unknown said...

I'm horny already.

Emmett M. Hogan said...

I am a confirmed city-dweller, Chicago-raised, and I'm useless if there isn't a subway stop nearby. But I spent four terrific years in that bucolic setting. I actually thought it was a benefit: I knew I'd never live in such a rural area again, but that I would definitely live in cities - so why go to college in the city?