April 23, 2006

200 photographs.

I was just thinking that my text-to-photograph ratio had shifted way too far toward the photographic -- a consequence of springtime? -- and then I went here...

Where am I?

... and ended up taking 200 photographs.

It will take me some time to tweak my digital files and upload things, but I plan to make a good Flickr set out of this material. I'll link to it when I'm done...

MORE: Here's the whole set of photos -- weeded down to 57 -- from the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, which just opened today. The interior architecture -- by Cesar Pelli -- is beautiful, framing infinite enticing compositions.

There's a fabulous rooftop sculpture garden (with a café):

Madison Museum of Contemporary Art

Some marvelous display spaces:

Madison Museum of Contemporary Art

And many nice perspectives on our charming city:

Madison Museum of Contemporary Art

9 comments:

Goatwhacker said...

(third photo) Please sir, no handball in the art exhibits.

Ann Althouse said...

Marghlar: The first photo is taken looking straight up at the ceiling.

Maxine Weiss said...

Not to throw a wet blanket.....but where's the money coming from? Are these private donations? Or, did the taxpayers pony up?

I always thought the Mid-west was one the last bastions, like Florida, or Nevada....where they don't have income tax.

Guess not.

Peace, Maxine

Ann Althouse said...

Maxine: Some very wealthy donors.

Unknown said...

Cesar Pelli is one of my favorite architects. Glad to see he's still going strong.

Ann Althouse said...

It's a block from the Capitol. You can see the proximity in this shot.

Ann Althouse said...

Wickedpinto: Maybe if you turned your head sideways you might be able to fit the concept of these photos in that cramped space.

Ann Althouse said...

The Elvehjem is still on campus, but it's been renamed, after a donor. Chazen.

LoafingOaf said...

Thanks for the photos.

Cesar Pelli is one of my favorite architects. Glad to see he's still going strong.

Mine, too. He's a designed a bunch of buildings here in Cleveland that are really nice.