November 14, 2005

Obscure Comment of the Day.

I know whenever anyone posts a comment on this blog, because Blogger sends me an email. You probably don't go back and look for new comments on old posts. There are thousands of old posts on this blog. You can't be looking back through all of them all the time to see if anyone has added something new. But there are, occasionally, comments on old posts that I see, so let me just point this one out today ("Ann... you have personality, I have personality, my son and daughter have personality, my wife...").

The old post of mine that collects the most belated attention is over on an alternative blog I wrote for a while when I had a temporary copy of iBlog software. There are no comments over there, but people keep finding this post and emailing me to defend the Order of the Eastern Star.

If you want to generate outré comments for your blog, take my advice: write lightheartedly about something some people take seriously.

12 comments:

Troy said...

That's how to generate revenue...

Lampoon the Masons (the cult not Jackie), Scientology, needlepoint, and Slipknot and you'll generate traffic -- lots of it hate traffic (and attendant e-mails), but if they click on your ad links it's worth it right?

Icepick said...

CO, I do think you have posted this to the thread you think you posted this to.

Troy said...

Icepick... CO is making a point by posting a comment that is totally unrelated to Ann's post and thus Obscure. He's the Christof of commentors (commentators?)

btw - Icepick... Miami Vice hustler? Basic Instinct homage? Friday the 13th part 2 homage? Or perhaps you just like kitchen tools.

Icepick said...

Troy, it's very hard to tell with CO.

As for my moniker, yes it's an homage, but not to anything you listed. You're in the right general era, though. And it's actually a two-part homage, as the full name is Stab Masta Icepick. However, I've updated the spelling from Master to Masta to more properly fit with current usage.

Pancho said...

My parents used to live in Texas (I was conceived there)

I knew that you had many redeeming qualities!!

Ron said...

It's become the Althouse Dadaist Hour!

I'd comment further, father, but my elderberries need more oregone, so I must collect them!

Ann Althouse said...

Pancho: Not only was I conceived there, but, I'm told, the night was so hot that they put the bed at an angle to catch a better breeze.

knox said...

I love it when someone posts a comment on the wrong post. For some reason it's always really amusing. Someone can write a very serious commentary on, say, "Breyer's outcome in Schaffer v. West" and it's rendered totally meaningless in the context of the relevant discussion.

Icepick said...

There's a relevant discussion? Where is it?

Troy said...

Ann your comment about hot Texas nights, bed angles and parental unit copulation ... what more can be said?

Troy said...

Wow! What a big owl!

knox said...

LOL!