October 3, 2005

Audible Althouse, Episode 8.

It's time for another podcast. I hope you're in the mood for a big dose of podcasty goodness, because this one is 55 minutes long. It covers the last four days of blogging: the university's diversity day, the layout of the bookstore, Cynthia Lennon's book about John, whether there was a squirrel in my house, the movie "A History of Violence," the TV show "The Apprentice," the pink locker room at the University of Iowa, the continuing distortions of the 2000 election, Barack Obama's vote against John Roberts, and, most importantly, the nomination of Harriet Miers for the Supreme Court.

5 comments:

Ron said...

I dreamed I was listening to your podcast, and you were talking with some grunting cavemen! (about Bill Frist) Then those more sophisticated cavemen from that commericial came on to complain about this stereotype, and you discussed caveman rights, culture, oppression, etc. with them!

I must not listen to your podcast before going to bed....

Ann Althouse said...

Paul: I hope it is a chipmunk, if it's anything. They are MUCH less scary than squirrels! And we do have a lot of them around here.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

I've tried several times to open up the link [both in this post and on your sidebar link] to no avail. I've easily opened them up before on both my computers. Technical problems with libsyn?

Ann Althouse said...

Ruth: It's working for me right now.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

I was laughing out loud at the humorless professors who are ignorant to the blogs [the faux Harriet Miers blogspot], and even *more* ignorant to your podcasted diss of them! Perhaps another "Duh" comment for which apologies are due? And to bury it 45+ minutes into your 55 minute podcast!