November 4, 2013

"An NYU student believed missing was actually trapped for up to 36 hours in a tiny gap between his dorm building and a neighboring structure..."

"... and was rescued only after his worried pals raised the alarm and rescue workers heard his moans."
A pal said he last saw [Asher] Vongtau early Saturday, after his friend left his dorm room. “I don’t want to elaborate on what we were doing in there"...

Cops said they believe Vongtau somehow fell into the gap, which fire officials said was six to 18 inches wide. It was not clear how far he fell. The dorm building is 18 stories high and the victim lives on the fifth floor.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: "“I don’t want to elaborate on what we were doing in there"... "

Was He Wearing Clothes?

MadisonMan said...

Vongtau’s 13-year-old sister, Zoe, told The Post that she doesn’t plan to tease her older brother about the mishap.

Not for a while, at least.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Althouse wants me to read between the lines, but I'm not falling in her trap.

mccullough said...

This is your mind on drugs.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I was puzzled by the possible/obvious gay sneaking around precipitating the fall... what's up with that? in the age of gay marriage?... until I saw the kids picture.

“He’s one of the smartest people I know," the youngster said. “I just want to know he’s OK.”

That line sounds distant to me... the distance a family member might put between themselves and their gay black sibling?

Paul said...

He sounds like he was a little thief or peeping tom caught in a squeeze.

David said...

Must have thought it was a vagina.

Sam L. said...

I'm guessing alcohol or something else was involved.

madAsHell said...

NYU allows access to the roof of an 18 story dorm??

Maybe Urkel thought he was spider man?

alan markus said...

Earlier this year a piece of one of the 9/11 planes was found wedged between two buildings. As I recall from some reports, it had to have been perfectly aligned with the opening to have fallen in.

9/11 plane debris is part of wing, not landing gear

Anonymous said...

talking about skid marks or rug burns :)