July 11, 2005

Thinking about podcasting.

I'm thinking about podcasting -- both in the sense of wondering about it and in the sense of kind of planning to do it. So I'm trying to get a sense of what works. I've browsed around in the iTunes "audio blogs" category. But really, I haven't run across anything that's the slightest bit appealing.

I'm sure many of the regular radio shows being podcast would be worth listening to, just as radio is worth listening to. But I want to hear something that has some real blogginess going for it. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Ann Althouse said...

I agree that podcasting isn't going to be as good as blogging -- because podcasts are not searchable and it takes longer to listen than to read. But it's different and could be a fun change of pace for some of us bloggers. It's a chance to produce dialogues, for one thing. And I think it's an area where lawprofs have something special to offer.

Tonya said...

I sometimes watch Dinner for Five on cable. It's on Bravo, right? It's hosted by Jon Favreau and he and about 4 other people talk over dinner. The show is edited and can be very good at times -- depends on who participates and what kind of group dynamic gets going. The actors do tend to be more revealing with each other than they typically are when interviewed by a journalist. Another thing I've noticed about the show is that the female guest (and there is usually only one female guest) tends to talk much less than the male guests. I'm not sure what's going on here -- perhaps her statements are being edited out or she just isn't saying that much.