February 20, 2004

How Madison Voted in the Primary. Once again I've seen something in The Isthmus (our local free tabloid) but can't link it to their website, because their website is woefully deficient. (Uh-oh, second use of the word "woefully" today! Should I be concerned about my mood or my woefully deficient vocabulary?)

The Isthmus has the city mapped by region showing how people voted. There was so much Dean-related activity through the whole campaign season, yet Dean only won the isthmus area, that is, the studenty part of town. Kerry won most of the city, so what did Edwards win? Interestingly enough, Edwards won the wealthiest neighborhoods, Shorewood and Maple Bluff! Edwards is the one who stresses his humble background and claims special connection to the least wealthy people. That resonates with the most wealthy people, which for some reason, doesn't surprise me.

No comments: